The SMN Vision
Smart Maritime Network is returning to Greece on 10 May 2023 for the 4th annual SMN ATHENS CONFERENCE.
The maritime industry's digital economy continues to grow with enhanced connectivity among ships, devices, people, stakeholders and processes. Efficient data collection, measurement, and analysis are vital for this interconnectivity and utilising this data can drive growth, development, and transformation for companies. Data-driven decision making enables shipping companies to make better choices, boost efficiency, and enhance safety.
Recent announcements, such as the commitment made by all nine members of the DCSA to adopt electronic bills of lading (eBL) by 2030 and the Smart Maritime Council's publication of a Standardised Vessel Dataset (SVD) for Noon Reports, suggest that the industry is increasingly open to digitalisation advancements.
However, rapid transformation brings challenges such as investing, partnering, and effectively communicating change while also addressing employee impact. Companies must find ways to use technology to improve operations, set a vision for digital transformation, and allocate resources to implement new systems. They must also overcome challenges such as data security and regulatory compliance, and lead and manage a workforce that may be impacted by automation and other technological changes.
SMN Athens 2023 will be an executive-led platform to accelerate action for sustainable growth and ensure competitiveness in a rapidly changing technological landscape.
For more details please contact: email@example.com
With an expert line up ready to share their knowledge and experience:
Conference Agenda // 10 May 2023
- Led by: Andre Simha, Chief Digital and Innovation Officer, MSC 0945
Opening Fireside Chat: Paperless trade: Why eBL matters (so much)?
• A deeper look at the 100% adoption target by 2030
• The eBL benefits and journey explained
• How well do you know about eBL?
Andre will be joined by:
Marina Comninos, Co-Head, ICE Digital Trade
- Ben Palmer, President, Inmarsat Maritime 1045
Shaping Connected Future
- Panel Discussion: Reviewing the tools required for maritime efficiency, sustainability and decarbonisation 1140
Hosted by: Frank Paleokrassas, Head of Data Governance & Analytics, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement
Angelica Kemene, Head of Data Analysis, Optima Shipping Services & Managing Partner, Kaiyo2 Capital
Bjørn Ørving, Head of Digital, Maersk Tankers
Gina Panayiotou, ESG Manager, West P&I
Minas Seimenis, Special Consultant to the CEO, Heraklion Port Authority
Panos Theodossopoulos, Chief Digital Officer, Oceanking
- Panel Discussion: Digital maritime - investment, disruption, and value creation 1225
Hosted by: Nir Gartzman, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, theDOCK
Nikolas Pyrgiotis, VP of Technology Ventures, The Signal Group
Ayşe Aslı Başak, Port Captain & Operations Manager, MID-SHIP Group
Estelle Linget, Senior Advisor Roland Berger, Start-up Strategic Advisor Board
Pankaj Sharma, Group Director, Columbia Shipmanagement
Bill Dobie, Founder & CEO, SEDNA
- Roundtable Discussion Groups – Hosted by our Partners 1415
Each table will focus on a unique topic centred around the Smart Maritime Network goal of establishing better collaboration and standardisation in maritime technology. The roundtable discussions will take place simultaneously with each table host then asked to summarise their discussions for the whole room, to ensure that all participants get the most from their attendance. There will be a total of 10 table discussions to choose from. Delegates are sent the list in advance and invited to choose the table they would most like to join. The tables themselves will last for 30 minutes with 30 minutes for summaries.
- Panel Discussion: Optimising efficiencies through standards, collaboration, and data exchange 1545
Hosted by: Rob O’Dwyer, Chief Network Officer, Smart Maritime Network (SMN)
Claus Reimers, Deputy Chief Technology & Innovation Officer, Lloyd's Register
Elena Tassioula, General Manager, Greece, BIMCO
Himanshu Chopra, Managing Director, Anglo-Eastern UK
Manos Papadakis, Standards Executive, GS1 Association
Nils Schnapauff, Data Solutions Specialist & Senior Project Manager, Kuehne+Nagel
- Panel Discussion: Hosted by AMMITEC: The evolving role of IT in maritime’s digital era 1640
Hosted by: Stelios Sabanis, Head of ICT, GasLog Ltd & BoD, AMMITEC
Dimitris Pavlidis, Fleet IT Manager, Euronav
Ioannis Rizos, ICT Manager, Millenia Maritime Inc.
Themistoklis Sardis, Head of IT, Costamare Shipping Company & President, Association of Maritime Managers of Information Technology & Communications (AMMITEC)
Theofano Somaripa, C.I.O, Newport S.A.
- Conclusions, followed by the SMN Athens Oceanside Party 1720
Summary of conference followed by the SMN Athens Oceanside Party - kindly sponsored by Inmarsat
MARITIME DIGITALISATION ADVISORS
International experts covering a range of maritime digitalisation technologies will be on hand at the Smart Maritime Network Athens Conference, ready to discuss how your company can leverage its data to improve processes and drive efficiency in an increasingly connected market
SMN has arranged a special rate for our delegates and partners attending our Athens conference:
– €185 per room/per night (single superior room) + €4.00 tax/night, American breakfast buffet included.
– €205 per room/night (double superior room) + €4.00 tax/night, American breakfast buffet included.
To book please contact:
and quote ‘Smart Maritime Network Conference 19/20 October 2020’
All rooms subject to availability.
Located just opposite the Divani Apollon, SMN has also arranged a special rate for our delegates and partners at the Amarilia Hotel:
Dates: 19-21 October 2020 (2 nights)
– €100 Double/Twin for Single use (run of house)
– €110 Double/Twin (run of house)
Quoted rates are per night, per room, including American buffet breakfast and taxes. Should taxes change, the hotel has the right to adjust rates accordingly.
Note that quoted rates do not include the tax accommodation fee of €3 per room per night.
Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms, common areas and meeting halls.
Check in after 15:00 / Check out till 11:00.
T: +30 210 8990391/+30 210 8990392
Please quote “Smart Maritime Network”
All rooms subject to availability.
Shipping Company VIP Pass
- Free conference registration for qualifying vessel operators (includes ship owners, ship managers, ship builders, ports & terminals, and selected stakeholders - subject to confirmation by the organisers).
Conference Delegate Pass
- Delegate pass for admission to all conference sessions, and the evening Networking Party. (*Additional Discounts are available for multiple delegate bookings).