Smart Maritime Network is returning to Dubai on 1 November 2022.
Digitalisation is heralded as being the catalyst for the future of the maritime, transport and supply chain industries and there are many efforts underway to embrace transformation and stay ahead of the competition.
All companies now accept that change is no longer optional, but there are still many questions over how, why, and what to prioritise within these efforts. Evidence shows that digitalisation can play a key role in helping companies become more operationally (cost) efficient; can it also assist companies in meeting significant sustainability targets? As customers call for increased transparency, predictability, and flexibility, what is the industry doing to answer this?
Digitalisation can help us meet these standards – but how can the industry better embrace innovation and change. What developments and tools can we harness? How can we better use data to optimise operations and drive decision making? And where, what, when and how should we be investing in this digital future? What role do new entrants to the industry have and is it better to look out or to build within and what barriers must be overcome? And of course, we will take a deep look at why collaboration and standardisation in the wider industry is paramount to achieving these ambitions.
All this and more will be covered during SMN Dubai – join us to look ahead at smart shipping strategies and solutions of the future.
With an expert line up ready to share their knowledge and experience:
- H.E. Eng. Hessa Al Malek, Advisor to the Minister for Maritime Transport, Affairs, UAE Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure
- H.E. Khamis Juma Buamim, Founder & Chairman, KBI-UAE Oil & Energy & Chairman DCMMIEmirates (Dubai Council for Marine & Maritime Industries)
- Mark O’Neil, President/CEO, Columbia Shipmanagement
- Kris Vedat, Head of Technology and Logistics, P&O Maritime Logistics
- Amadou Diallo, Chief Executive Officer MEA, DHL Global Forwarding
- Ali Shehab, Global Director of Special Projects, and Services, DNV – Maritime
- Vivek Seth, Senior VP, Marine Services, ADNOC Logistics & Services
- Tom Anneberg, VP Commercial Strategy & Product Development, ASYAD Group
- Ronan Nash, Managing Director, ADIB Capital
- Ivan Rosario, Business Consultancy (EMEA), Lloyd’s Register
- Emad AlHuman, Senior Vice President of Corporate Services, International Maritime Industries
- Christopher Kirton, Managing Director, International Tanker Management
- Dennis Winterswijk, Regional Director EMEA, Inmarsat Maritime
- Varun Kulshreshtha, Regional Head of Tradelens, Maersk
- Vinay Sharma, Group Director Information Technology, Gulftainer
- Rajesh Gopinathan, Director, Business Transformation, Seaspan
- Andrés de León, Chief Executive Officer, HyperloopTT
- Abhay Nimbalkar, Specialist, Marine Support (Vessels)
Marine Logistics Department, ADNOC Offshore
- Natalie Jensen, Partner, Ince
- Shaytel Patel, VP – Technology Audit, DP World
- Mike Powell, Founder/Director, Cardinal Point Marine & Chief Business Officer, StratumFive
- Thomas Gutek, Director of Data and Applications Development, Lloyd’s Register
- Elena Matzaridou, Digital Strategy Coordinator, Dalex Shipping
- Rob O’Dwyer, Chief Network Office, Smart Maritime Network
Conference Agenda // 1 NOVEMBER, 2022
- Registration and Refreshments 8:15 AM
- Cathy Hodge, Chief Operating Officer, Smart Maritime Network 9:00 AM
Introduction and Welcome from Smart Maritime Network
- Ali Shehab, Global Director of Special Projects and Services, DNV - Maritime 9:05 AM
Opening Notes from Conference Chair
Welcome to the day's events
- Capt. Abdullah Al Hayyas, Director of Maritime Transport Affairs, UAE Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure 9:30 AM
Keynote Address - Harnessing Talent and Diversity for the Future of Maritime
- Panel Discussion: Developing the Tools Needed for the Maritime Energy Transition 11:10 AM
- What role does technology have in the race towards decarbonisation?
- Discussing smart and sustainable solutions
- Using data to accelerate ESG strategies
- How can digitalisation help us to de-risk or monetise decarbonisation?
Hosted by: Natalie Jensen, Partner, Ince
Mark O'Neil, President/CEO, Columbia Shipmanagement
Emad AlHuman, Senior Vice President of Corporate Services, International Maritime Industries
Ivan Rosario, Business Consultancy (EMEA), Lloyd’s Register
- Kris Vedat, Head of Technology and Logistics, P&O Maritime Logistics 12:00 PM
The Future of Maritime Connectivity – Understanding and Using Data
- Panel Discussion: How Technology Drives Transparency, Predictability, and Flexibility 12:25 PM
- How standardisation and digitalisation is facilitating smart data sharing, enabling innovative and value-added services and creating value
- Understanding and using data for greater resilience, increasing efficiency and optimising
- Data driven decision making
Hosted by: Rob O’Dwyer, Chief Network Office, Smart Maritime Network
Rajesh Gopinathan, Director, Business Transformation, Seaspan
Vinay Sharma, Group Director Information Technology, Gulftainer
Andrés de León, Chief Executive Officer, HyperloopTT
Elena Matzaridou, Digital Strategy Coordinator, Dalex Shipping
- Roundtable Discussion Sessions 2:15 PM
Each table will focus on a unique topic centred around the Smart Maritime Network goal of establishing better collaboration and standardisation in maritime technology. The roundtable discussions will take place simultaneously with each table host then asked to summarise their discussions for the whole room, to ensure that all participants get the most from their attendance. There will be a total of 10 table discussions to choose from. Delegates are sent the list in advance and invited to choose the table they would most like to join. The tables themselves will last for 30 minutes with 30 minutes for summaries.
- Short Break 3:30 PM
- Panel Discussion: Fuelling Global Trade – Digital Collaboration in the Supply Chain 4:00 PM
- Exploring the technical, legal, and regulatory frameworks needed to break the siloes between the global supply chain and financial institutions
- Collaboration to harness digital solutions - such as electronic Bills of Lading and other supply chain data for global trade efficiency
Moderated by: Mike Powell, Founder/Director, Cardinal Point Marine Ltd. & Chief Business Officer, StratumFive
Amadou Diallo, Chief Executive Officer MEA, DHL Global Forwarding
Varun Kulshreshtha, Regional Head of Tradelens, Maersk
Natalie Jensen, Partner, Ince
- Panel Discussion: Leveraging Investment to Power Digitalisation and Innovation in Maritime 4:45 PM
- Building a coherent and comprehensive approach to power transformation
- Leveraging return on investment
- The importance of purpose in a digital transformation
- The role of leaders in driving strategic change and investment
Hosted by: Tom Anneberg, VP Commercial Strategy & Product Development, ASYAD Group
Vivek Seth, Senior Vice President, Marine Services, ADNOC Logistics & Services
Ronan Nash, Managing Director, ADIB Capital
Thomas Gutek, Director of Data and Applications Development, Lloyd’s Register
- Conclusions, followed by the SMN Dubai Networking Reception 5:30 PM
Summary of conference proceedings followed by our post-event networking reception - kindly sponsored by Inmarsat.
MARITIME DIGITALISATION ADVISORS
International experts covering a range of maritime digitalisation technologies will be on hand at the Smart Maritime Network Dubai Conference, ready to discuss how your company can leverage its data to improve processes and drive efficiency in an increasingly connected market
Chief Technology Officer,
MPA (Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore)
Kenneth Lim is the Chief Technology Officer of the MPA, seconded from the Government Technology Agency (GovTech), where he held the role of Cluster Director of the Finance, National Development and Transport clusters. Mr Lim has previously also worked at PSA and CrimsonLogic before joining the public sector in 2011.
Chakib Abi Saab,
Chief Technology Officer,
OSM Maritime Group
Chakib Abi Saab joined OSM in 2017 as Program Director of New Technologies (NEXT) for the Technical Management department, becoming group CTO in July 2018. He has previously held technology leadership roles in North and South America, Asia and The Middle East with Baker Hughes Inc, and was global Chief Digital Officer for Bumi Armada Berhad.
Loh Sin Yong,
Director of Trade, Trade & Connectivity Cluster, IMDA
At IMDA Loh Sin Yong is responsible for supporting trade sectors (Wholesale Trade, Trade Finance, and Logistics) in using ICM technologies to enhance their competitiveness. He has more than 25 years of experience in Trade Facilitation, Logistics, and Maritime domains, working in the China, South East Asia and South Asia markets.
Dr Okan Duru,
Director, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering (Maritime Studies),
Nanyang Technological University
Dr. Duru is a scholar in the shipping business, forecasting and decision-making fields. Dr Duru completed his Ph.D. at the Graduate School of Maritime Sciences, Kobe University, with a dissertation titled 'Economic Analysis on the Long term assessment of Dry Bulk Shipping'.
Founder & Managing Director,
Ronny has spent more than a decade working in the maritime industry in Europe and Asia, in areas such as shipowning, chartering, and marine services, as well as startup companies and consulting services. He holds a Double Masters degree in International Business and International Management.
Dr. Annie Koh,
Vice President, Office of Business Development, Academic Director,
International Trading Institute
Dr Annie Koh is Academic Director for the International Trading Institute. Her previous portfolios at Singapore Management University included positions as Associate Dean, Lee Kong Chian School of Business and Dean, Office of Executive & Professional Education.
Vice President, Head of Processes, Systems & Competence,
Klaveness Asia Pte Ltd
Punit Oza has more than 26 years of experience in Dry Bulk Shipping, having begun his career with Precious Shipping. He has also worked with companies such as Noble Chartering, Astra Shipping and Aries Shipbroking, and has been with Torvald Klaveness since 2007.
Kenny Rogers left his role as head of Aurora Tankers 2019. He is a career shipping executive with over 30 years of experience in management roles at companies such as OMI Corp, Carnival Corporation, Seabulk International, SEACOR and privately held Asian company IMC, with particular expertise in the tanker sector.
Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer,
Passionate about co-creating new ventures and innovating new business models with founders, owners and corporates. Laser focused on building for commercial profitability.
Proven areas of competencies include: infrastructure, venture capital, trade & trade finance, economic development
Click & Connect
Kris Kosmala is a Partner at Click & Connect, having previously worked as General Manager Asia Pacific at Quintiq. Kris has international experience across North and South America and Asia Pacific, using innovative technologies to improve shipping and logistics efficiency, improve net margin contributions from operations, and reduce environmental impact.
NLA International Ltd.
Supporting the growth and take-up of innovative technologies in the Blue Economy.
Specialities: Market research. Fundraising. Business Growth. Strategic communications. Consortium, stakeholder and community engagement. Utilising Big Data and technology for social impact. Policy development. Organisational development.
Andy Lane is an expert in the Containerised Transportation industry, with experience in Liner Shipping & Container Terminal Operations, specialising in the interface between these two areas. He has worked on process improvements, integrations and cost efficiency initiatives, often focusing on annual spends in excess of US$500 million.
Shipping Company VIP Pass
- Free conference registration for qualifying vessel operators (includes ship owners, ship managers, ship builders, ports & terminals, and other selected industry stakeholders - subject to confirmation by the organisers).
Conference Delegate Pass
- Delegate pass for admission to all conference sessions, and the evening Networking Party. (*Discounts are available for multiple delegate bookings)