CMA CGM has launched its eSolutions digital ecosystem, a range of tools aimed to provide an improved level of user support through the introduction of an online agency and other technology channels designed to streamline data flows between the shipping company and its customers.
This will include the creation of new Electronic Data Interchanges (EDI) and Application Programming Interfaces (API) to connect to CMA CGM software systems, the company said.
CMA CGM notes that the majority of its bookings are made via eCommerce systems, half of which are transactions on the Group’s web platform. While this already offered digital options for schedule research, quotation requests, booking, shipping instructions, documentation and tracking, a range of new features have now been made available that will be gradually rolled out on the different platforms of the Group’s brands.
- ePricing – offering real time access rates and instant spot quotations
- eBooking – autocomplete-supported bookings with a reduced number of steps
- eBill of Lading – fully digital Bills of Lading
- eTracking – visualisations of cargo positions at sea with updated arrival times
- ePayment – freight invoice online payments
- eCharges – live cost estimation, including a D&D (Demurrage and Detention) simulator
Further digital tools, including value-added services such as insurance products and new features for the company’s mobile application, are also expected to be added in the near future, CMA CGM said.